What others like and admire about me
- Enthusiastic and passionate trainer
- Visionary – awesome graphic recorder – able to see something and turn it into something beautiful
- Able to break down large/broad concepts to help people understand
- Down to earth, welcoming and approachable
- Always looking for ways to make things equitable and inclusive
- Brave and never gives up
What’s important to me
- Spending quality time with my family!
- Volunteering together
- Dinners, movies, games
- Vacations to see sea life, mountains and other natural wonders
Advocating for the best outcomes:
- Ensuring my son and husband get the best treatment and support for their health and disability issues
- Staying current on research, national advocacy groups and attend parent training for my son
- Being effective in my work – helping people with disabilities have the lives they want
Feeling in control of my health:
- Doing positive, proactive things to stay healthy (stress management, eating well, exercising when possible)
- Staying current on survivorship issues for breast cancer – survivor since 2001
- Making decisions with my health care team, not having anything decided for me
- I must get results ASAP after tests/surgery
- Host and attend breast cancer advocacy groups, fundraising, awareness events
- Celebrate every survivor milestone!
Staying connected with friends wherever they may be in the world – Phone calls, texts, emails, Skype/Facetime when possible, meeting for dinner and drinks!
How best to support me
I need to attend all appointments with specialists, doctors, school folks related to Steve and Ben.
- This helps me stay up on how to provide good support and advocate.
- If I miss an appointment please share summary information with me.
- Also, I won’t schedule a full work day if there is an appointment to attend.
- I use all my vacation time each year at work.
- Realize time off is very important to my happiness and my health.
- I appreciate understanding in not expecting me to change my vacation dates to accommodate work.
- Realize I have been through LOTS of waiting with my past medical history. IF you tell me results will be ready on a certain day, I expect to receive this information.
- Please give me the best phone numbers to contact someone for information or better yet, contact me directly!