What others like and admire about me
- Considerate, kind-hearted, and supportive
- Respected leader and strong team builder
- Visionary, strategic thinker, innovator
- Catalyst for person-centered change
What’s important to me
- To work alongside individuals and organizations to build capacity for person-centered practices, resulting in high-performing teams, healthy families, and vibrant, inclusive communities.
- To have time with my family on weekend nights as often as possible, and enjoy dinner with my husband at our favorite restaurant a few times each month.
- To be able to work independently as well as with a team that is committed to thinking, planning, and learning together; to feel connected to the international team.
- To engage in strategic thinking and explore new possibilities.
- To always be learning and have creative projects in development; to help develop resources for US organizations and know that my efforts are making a difference.
- To have my iPhone charged and nearby to access my calendar, email, music, and files.
- To sing in a community choral group and volunteer for local senior centers.
- To focus on wellbeing by practicing yoga several mornings each week and making time for long walks, especially in wooded areas or by the ocean.
How best to support me
- Include me in big picture discussions about vision, strategy, and action plans. Fill me in on the purpose, the desired outcomes, and the progress to date on a project before exploring next steps.
- Be clear with due dates, I work well with the positive pressure of deadlines. And I can give you my best work when I’ve had a chance to “sleep on it” and consider multiple perspectives.
- I’m frequently out of the office or have my phone “off” during meetings and training so email or text is the best way to reach me. Scheduling a call works too.
- I really appreciate being invited to join group activities, although I may not always say yes. Don’t take it personally, I am reenergized by having time alone, but please keep asking, that helps me stay connected.
- When working together, I really appreciate having an agenda with desired outcomes that lead to clearly defined action steps.