HSA USA Associate – Hawaii
Meredith is a currently a Social Service Specialist supporting the aging population on the Big Island of Hawaii. Meredith finds her greatest passion in helping people and supporting others in reaching their dreams and goals.
What others like and admire about me
- Enthusiastic and passionate trainer
- Visionary – awesome graphic recorder – able to see something and turn it into something beautiful
- Able to break down large/broad concepts to help people understand
- Down to earth, welcoming and approachable
- Always looking for ways to make things equitable and inclusive
- Brave and never gives up
What’s important to me
- My family and fiancé: The people who support me in whatever I do and who I support the same are the most important to me. Ending the day with a good conversation, a funny story or helping the people I love work though something is the world to me.
- The work that I do: My heart has always driven me professionally. I feel that we work more of our lives than not so having a professional environment and career with like-minded individuals with a focus on supporting the goals of others is what I have always been drawn to for a career.
- Balance: This is something I have learned over the years. Work/life balance helps me be the best me.
- Adventure: I enjoy trying new things and exploring new countries and places. I was born and raised in the Midwest. This was an excellent place for me to be as a child, but I realized there was so much more to see, many people to meet and cultures to learn. I feel fortunate to be able to travel and experience new places, people and cultures.
How best to support me
- Keep things positive. When faced with challenges and difficult decisions, I function best when those around me are positive. Negative vibes and tones make me less creative.
- My personality is that I focus on others before myself, please don’t mistake that to mean I do not have needs. I appreciate when people look out for me!
- Laugh with me, talk with me, share with me, cry with me. Show your honest thoughts, ideas, feelings. This allows me to feel connected to you.
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Verbally or non-verbally. This allows our journey to be one of trust and honest.