Person Centered Reviews
Person-Centered Reviews are not a typical care and support review. In fact, we see them as a celebration! You’ll have an opportunity to think about what’s working, and to come together to think creatively about what you could do next. As a result, you can use them to help people think about what needs to change; working with them to build more meaningful days that contribute to their happiness and wellbeing.
Have you ever thought that reviews could be better? For example, what if a review was an experience that people really wanted to engage with? What if it focused on people’s skills, aspirations wishes instead of starting with their condition? What if the person having the review was leading how it develops, instead of simply being talked about by others?
With Person-Centered Reviews you can do all this, while putting the person firmly at the heart of the experience. In doing so, you’re putting the principle of self-determination into practice, leading to truly personalized outcomes that are in-line with HCBS requirements.
How you can use this to support people to thrive
- Help you to put people in control of the review process and its outcomes
- Put people at the heart of decisions about them
- Actively create positive opportunities for everyone to contribute
- Encourage creative thinking and solutions
- Support you to see past a person’s condition, to see them as a person with preferences, desires and aspirations
- Lead to the creation of a shared vision and plan of action
How we would deliver Person-Centered Reviews
Person-Centered Reviews generally happen as a single main session, with some pre-thinking beforehand. However, you could combine them with other types of person-centered thinking and planning as part of a wider package of support. To learn more, contact Mary Beth.