Mary Beth Lepkowsky
“There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.”
My passion for person-centered approaches and self-managing teams stems from more than 30 years of working in leadership and organizational development roles in education, social services, and healthcare. As a trainer, facilitator, and coach, I help people to be the best versions of themselves at home, at work, and in the community. I am a certified Respecting Choices Advance Care Facilitator, certified in the Prosci method of Change Management and a variety of leadership assessments.
What others like and admire about me
- I am considerate and kind hearted
- I am a supportive facilitator
- I am a respected leader and strong team builder
- I am a visionary, strategic thinker, innovator
- I am a catalyst for person-centered change
Whats important to me
- To work alongside individuals and organizations to build capacity for person-centered practices, resulting in high-performing teams, healthy families, and vibrant, inclusive communities.
- To have time with my family on weekend nights as often as possible, and enjoy dinner with my husband at our favorite restaurant a few times each month.
- To be able to work independently as well as with a team that is committed to thinking, planning, and learning together; to feel connected to the HSA international team.
- To engage in strategic thinking and explore new possibilities.
- To always be learning and have creative projects in development; to help develop resources for US organizations and know that my efforts are making a difference.
- To have my iPhone charged and nearby to access my calendar, email, music, and files.
- To sing in a community choral group and volunteer for local senior centers.
- To focus on wellbeing by practicing yoga several mornings each week and making time for long walks, especially in wooded areas or by the ocean.
How to best support me
- Include me in big picture discussions about vision, strategy, and action plans. Fill me in on the purpose, the desired outcomes, and the progress to date on a project before exploring next steps.
- Be clear with due dates, I work well with the positive pressure of deadlines. And I can give you my best work when I’ve had a chance to sleep on it and consider multiple perspectives.
- I’m frequently out of the office or have my phone off during meetings and training so email or text is the best way to reach me. Scheduling a call works too.
- I really appreciate being invited to join group activities, although I may not always say yes. Don’t take it personally, I am reenergized by having time alone, but please keep asking, that helps me stay connected.
- When working together, I really appreciate having an agenda with desired outcomes that lead to clearly defined action steps.