HSA USA Training and Facilitation Assistant
“And all shall be well and All manner of thing shall be well.”
I am H S A USA’s Training and Facilitation Assistant, serving also as a co-production partner for many of our programs and services. I am certified as a Spiritual Director and serve on the Board of Directors for Tri-Counties Regional Center in California.
I am using my skills in facilitation and person-centered planning to help others who use long term services and supports find their voice and feel heard.
What others like and admire about me
- I am warm and hilariously funny
- I am courageous and empathetic
- I am an excellent communicator and a good listener
- I am determined
- I am a creative outside the box thinker
- I am tenacious and witty
Whats important to me
- Maintaining good relationships with my family and working toward having a family of my own.
- To have work with a purpose that helps others and makes good use of my gifts and abilities.
- To increase my confidence in the workplace.
- To work up to 20 hours a week so that I have time to take care of medical appointments and get adequate rest to keep myself healthy and well.
- To start my workday at nine or 9:30 so that I have plenty of time to get ready in the morning and a margin for the unexpected, which always seems to happen in the morning!
- To continue learning new things.
- To produce quality work on time to the best of my ability.
- To use my passion for communication and human connection to help others find their voice and feel heard.
How best to support me
- Be patient with me when it comes to computers. I’m a pretty fast learner but all this technology is new to me.
- I am largely an auditory learner. I learn by hearing things and being shown in a step-by-step fashion. Written material is helpful to have to refer to later if needed.
- I love having a vision but I work best focusing on one day at a time. It helps to have big vision broken down into manageable pieces.
- When possible, it helps me to know about deadlines ahead of time. This allows me to stay relaxed and focused on the project rather than my speed
- I enjoy working collaboratively with others.