Person-Centered Planning for a Good Life will provide you with practical skills to guide you through the person- centered planning process.
Person-Centered Planning for a Good Life is an overview and training on how to use person-centered practices in the actual planning process. This is a valuable training for anyone who is involved in writing or participating in planning (SCs, DSPs, Program Managers, families, self-advocates).
How Person-Centered Planning for a Good Life will help people thrive:
Person-Centered Planning for a Good Life Training Series
During this series participants will:
- Learn and practice 5 phases of person-centered planning including Pre-planning, Discovery, Positive Change, Outcomes and Actions, and a Support Sequence
- Develop a one-page profile with someone as a first step in creating a person centered plan and learning how to check it for quality
- Learn and practice facilitation
How HSA can deliver Person-Centered Planning for a Good Life training series
There are 6 modules.
Module 1: Getting Started with Person Centered Planning
- Overview of the program
- Preplanning and beginning the Discovery process
- The one-page profile as a first step in creating the person-centered plan.
- Quality check for the one-page profile
- Each participant will create a first one-page profile for someone they support
Module 2: Preplanning and Discovery
- The facilitator role: the pre-planning process and conversations
- How to use and organize person centered discovery information
Module 3: Positive Change
- Learning someone’s hopes and dreams…if I could…I would
- Discovering how the person wants their life to be in the future?
- What are the changes they want to make?
- What do they want to do more of?
Module 4: The Outcome Sequence
- Seven steps in the Outcome sequence
- How to write an outcome that is person centered, meaningful, specific and measurable
- How to create action steps that have a time frame and move a person closer to achieving their good life
Module 5: The Support Sequence and Action Planning
- Five steps to get the right support for action planning
Module 6: Putting it all together
- Creating a plan summary: what needs to be included, what does it look like?
- Follow through and review-making sure the plan actually gets used
- Sample plans-how to ensure that the plan is meaningful and understandable to the person
Here is how you can participate in Person-centered Planning for a Good Life training series:
What we are excited about…
What we are learning
Recently a friend shared with me that she had been asked to become the new 5th grade teacher
Imagine a training environment so engaging that participants wish for more, where the only “low” for the
Over the years we have supported a number of organizations to embed a person-centred culture. It is a